- Visual Studio Web Developer Express SP1 prerequisites
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update
- SQL Server Compact 4.0 (runtime + tools support)
What You'll Build
Skills You'll Learn
- How to create a new ASP.NET MVC project.
- How to create ASP.NET MVC controllers and views.
- How to create a new database using the Entity Framework Code First paradigm.
- How to retrieve and display data.
- How to edit data and enable data validation.
Creating Your First Application
localhostand not something like
example.com. That's because
localhostalways points to your own local computer, which in this case is running the application you just built. When Visual Web Developer runs a web project, a random port is used for the web server. In the image below, the random port number is 43246. When you run the application, you'll probably see a different port number.